This warm up is ideal for training sessions about retaining possession and finding players in key positions. This concept is really important for teams that manage to have the lion’s share of possession in games yet find the opposition denying them space in the final third. MORE
Soccer warm up drill to get players challenging for the ball
This is a great soccer warm-up drill to get your players challenging for the ball so they are ready to play in matches.
Run the warm-up drill
- The defender must mirror the attacker’s movements.
- The attacker tries to lose the defender and race to knock a ball off one of the cones.
- Can the defender react and beat the attacker to the cone?
- The defender is allowed to go shoulder to shoulder or use their arms to hold off the attacker but he must not commit a foul.
- Switch roles for the next attack.
Click the link to order a copy of The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups Manual.
Click the link for soccer coaching tips to help you warm up your players before a match starts.