It's been a long lay-off for some of us and getting back into shape for the season ahead is an important part of coaching preparation. And not just for you the coach. This week I have been coaching at clinics for teams to get them back into playing contact games before they go to play friendly matches. MORE
This is a great warm-up which will have your players moving in all directions so they are ready when you play matches.
How to play it
- Split your players into four groups of two.
- The first player in each group starts in the middle square, as pictured above.
- On your whistle, the players turn and run through the cones, making sure both feet touch the ground between each cone, before receiving a serve from their team mate.
- The players must perform a pass, volley or header when they get to the pole to complete the task.
- The serving player then runs into the middle square and the practice is repeated.