A great way to get your players to warm-down after a training drill session is by using this Aussie rules drill. Players hold the ball in their hands and volley it to pass – when they catch the ball they have to stand still before making the next volleyed pass. The opposition has to intercept the volley.
This soccer warm-down drill offers something different for your players and is a good, fun way to end a soccer coaching session.
- Arrange your players into two teams. Mark out an area 30 x 30 yards with three cones at each end with a ball balanced on each cone.
- The players must make volley and catch passing movements.
- The aim is to get down the field and knock a ball off the opponent’s cones.
- The player in possession of the ball must not move.
- The other players in the team must make supporting runs and movement to receive the ball.
- This warm down drill is played for a set time or until one team has knocked off all their opponent's balls.
Click here to order a copy of The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups Manual.