This warm up is a great way to get players alert to one touch play and to get them ready for playing matches and keeping possession of the ball in tight areas of the pitch like the penalty area MORE
Warm down soccer drill using Aussie rules
A great way to get your players to warm-down after a training drill session is by using this Aussie rules drill. Players hold the ball in their hands and volley it to pass – when they catch the ball they have to stand still before making the next volleyed pass. The opposition has to intercept the volley.
This soccer warm-down drill offers something different for your players and is a good, fun way to end a soccer coaching session.
- Arrange your players into two teams. Mark out an area 30 x 30 yards with three cones at each end with a ball balanced on each cone.
- The players must make volley and catch passing movements.
- The aim is to get down the field and knock a ball off the opponent’s cones.
- The player in possession of the ball must not move.
- The other players in the team must make supporting runs and movement to receive the ball.
- This warm down drill is played for a set time or until one team has knocked off all their opponent's balls.
Click here to order a copy of The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups Manual.