What I love about my U9s team is that when I come out to warm them up before a match they are all ready and sitting there waiting for me... with a cheer they all descend on the bag of training balls and start warming themselves up. MORE
Win the ball and pass soccer warm up drill
You’ll need nine players for this simple but fun warm-up soccer drill, which gets your players to win the ball, pass, then rest.
Set up the warm up drill
- Set up an area, around 15m x15m, marked out with four cones.
- Have four players inside the area dribbling a ball.
- Put a defender in the middle of the area.
- Put four players around the outside of the area.
- The defender must try to tackle one of the dribbling players inside the area and pass out to one of the outside players.
- The defender then becomes an outside player.
- The outside player goes into the area and becomes a dribbling player.
- The tackled dribbling player now becomes the defender in the drill.