Very good session for getting players to cover the back because one team has no goalkeeper. The opposition can look for different ways to score especially shooting early or chipping the defence. Great for match play. Why use it Big overload for team with no goalkeeper coaches players in the need to shoot early when... MORE
Tactics tips – 4-3-3 to beat 3-5-2
BEAT THE BEST FORMATION This session is all about breaking down the 3-5-2 system being used by many teams. Ite is about applying immediate pressure to the opposition when they have the ball. To win the ball back as quickly as possible and then punish them on the counter attack.
Why use it
Lots of teams will play a 3-5-2 system that is very attacking so needs good tactics to counter the system
You need balls, bibs, cones, three mini and a normal goal.
Use the area on your pitch between the penalty boxes. We used full squad in the session.
How to do it
4-3-3 team has 11 players and the 3-5-2 team has 10 players but are protecting three goals. Crisp passing, excellent control and good first touch are essential. Tactically make sure the player pressing the right or left centre back on the ball doesn’t allow them to switch the play out the other side of the pitch by forcing him to play either a straight or angled pass inside the pitch or entice him to try and beat him in a 1 v 1 situation. Once the ball is won back look for quick accurate passing to play into our No. 10 or play the ball in behind the opposition wing backs
Crisp passing, excellent control and good 1st touch are essential.
- 1. The 4-3-3 + goalkeeper attack the back three defending three mini goals
- 2.The idea is to implement the high intensity press when the 3-5-2 team moves the ball from the centre backs
- 3. Counter attack when a slack pass from the opposition results in the ball being turned over
- 4. Once the ball has been won look to spread play wide and attack one of the three goals
- 5. The defending team has a lot of space to cover with three goals so the attackers can pull defenders away to create space