This training session is a good workout for forwards pressing and forcing mistakes high up the pitch. It also helps to develop link play in the final third. MORE
Free Your Team Mate
- Mark out a circle of about 25 yards diameter using cones or markers
- Two teams of four players
- No goals
- Each team has one player on the pitch and three players on the outside
- To start, pass a ball into the pitch. The two players compete for possession.
- The player who wins the ball attempts to pass out to a team mate.
- If successful, the team mate enters the pitch to make a 2v1.
- The winning team is the first to have all four players on the pitch and complete 6 consecutive passes.
The first two players compete to win possession.
The aim is to pass the ball out to a team mate.
If you can keep possession, the reward is to have more players on the pitch.