This training session is a good workout for forwards pressing and forcing mistakes high up the pitch. It also helps to develop link play in the final third. MORE
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two teams of four players
- No goals
- No keepers
- No offside
- If the ball leaves play, you have a few re-start options:
- The coach passes a new ball onto the pitch
- The players take a roll in
- The players take a throw in
- The players make a pass in
- The players dribble in
- Both teams must try to win and keep possession of the ball.
- A goal is awarded to the team that completes a certain number of passes (a minimum of 5 for younger players).
- The game is played for a set time period.
The aim of the game is to keep the ball.
If your passing is inaccurate or you’re slow to move the ball on, you’ll lose possession.
Which team can keep the ball longest?