Possession is so important it is worth spending as much time as you can on getting players reacting to having the ball and making decisions to keep it. They must be switched on and you must get them to look for supporting runs and make the runs themselves. MORE
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two teams of four players
- No goals
- No keepers
- No offside
- If the ball leaves play, you have a few re-start options:
- The coach passes a new ball onto the pitch
- The players take a roll in
- The players take a throw in
- The players make a pass in
- The players dribble in
- Both teams must try to win and keep possession of the ball.
- A goal is awarded to the team that completes a certain number of passes (a minimum of 5 for younger players).
- The game is played for a set time period.
The aim of the game is to keep the ball.
If your passing is inaccurate or you’re slow to move the ball on, you’ll lose possession.
Which team can keep the ball longest?