This five minute passing drill can be used during your training sessions for a quick break to help coaching points sink in, or as an incentive for a drinks break. MORE
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two teams of four players
- No goals
- No keepers
- No offside
- If the ball leaves play, you have a few re-start options:
- The coach passes a new ball onto the pitch
- The players take a roll in
- The players take a throw in
- The players make a pass in
- The players dribble in
- Both teams must try to win and keep possession of the ball.
- A goal is awarded to the team that completes a certain number of passes (a minimum of 5 for younger players).
- The game is played for a set time period.
The aim of the game is to keep the ball.
If your passing is inaccurate or you’re slow to move the ball on, you’ll lose possession.
Which team can keep the ball longest?