With such a high percentage of goals, from grassroots to professional level, scored inside the penalty area, Kevin has come up with a series of drills focused on finishing from close range as well of ways of working the ball into the box. MORE
Two Goal Game One Touch Finish
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two teams of four players
- No offside
- If the ball leaves play, you have a few re-start options:
- The coach passes a new ball onto the pitch
- The players take a roll in
- The players take a throw in
- The players make a pass in
- The players dribble in
- The players can only score by using a first time shot (i.e. without taking a touch to control the ball).
- The game is played for a set time period.
The black team are in possession in a normal 4v4 situation.
The black players keep moving in an attempt to create space for an attack.
The black player runs on to a pass and shoots first time.