Get brains and muscles into gear with this quick warm-up for training. It works on movement, agility and vision. MORE
Get fast footwork with agility ladder drills
Using agility ladder drills in your soccer training sessions is an excellent way to improve football players’ foot speed, agility and coordination skills.
- Stand side on to the ladder, feet in the first square.
- Running action, moving sideways through the ladder.
- Each foot contacts each square once.
- Ground contacts on balls of feet.
- Emphasise upright posture and coordinated arm action.
- Repeat the soccer drill five times. Rest 60 seconds between drill repetitions.
If you don’t have an agility ladder, you can set one up using flat cones to mark off the rungs of the ladder or you can use corner flag poles laid out flat for players to run through.