Long passes can be a key way to open up an opposition defence or to find space on the pitch by switching play. A great way to help young players to spot longer passing options and to see beyond the first players in their line of vision. MORE
Two Goal Game Target Man
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two end zones, 10 yards in from each goal-line
- Two teams of four players
- Two keepers
- No offside
- If the ball leaves play, you have a few re-start options:
- The coach passes a new ball onto the pitch
- The players take a roll in
- The players take a throw in
- The players make a pass in
- The players dribble in
- Each team selects one player to be the “target man”. This player stands in the attacking end zone.
- The aim of the game is to make a pass into the target man and then receive a lay off pass in order to shoot at goal.
- After a shot is made the shooting player swaps position with the target man.
- The game is played for a set time period.
One player from each team must stay in the end zone.
The team in possession must find make a pass to the player in the end zone.
The attacking team must then run into the end zone to receive a return pass.