Players work on through balls, angled passes, chips and more. It trains players to time their runs, arc their runs, and be creative. The zones help players practise beating the offside trap. MORE
Two Goal Game Target Man
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two end zones, 10 yards in from each goal-line
- Two teams of four players
- Two keepers
- No offside
- If the ball leaves play, you have a few re-start options:
- The coach passes a new ball onto the pitch
- The players take a roll in
- The players take a throw in
- The players make a pass in
- The players dribble in
- Each team selects one player to be the “target man”. This player stands in the attacking end zone.
- The aim of the game is to make a pass into the target man and then receive a lay off pass in order to shoot at goal.
- After a shot is made the shooting player swaps position with the target man.
- The game is played for a set time period.
One player from each team must stay in the end zone.
The team in possession must find make a pass to the player in the end zone.
The attacking team must then run into the end zone to receive a return pass.