My go to activities when players have had been on the summer break are Rondos – and with this being one of the longest breaks from playing due to lockdown I am going to be using Rondos over the next few weeks to get players back up to speed. MORE
Fitness sprints – forward – backward – forward
Try this exercise to get your players’ fitness up before matches.
- Place three cones in a straight line with five to 10 yards between each cone.
- Players should sprint forwards from cone 1 to 2.
- Then run backwards from cone 2 to 1.
- Finally, sprint forwards from 1 to 3.
- Look for a lower centre of gravity on changes of direction, bending knees to keep balance.
- Repeat five times. Rest for 60 seconds between repetitions.