It's been a long lay-off for some of us and getting back into shape for the season ahead is an important part of coaching preparation. And not just for you the coach. This week I have been coaching at clinics for teams to get them back into playing contact games before they go to play friendly matches. MORE
Warm-ups are an important part of training sessions and, of course, a vital part of match-day preparation. This is one that uses different combinations around and across the box, to get lungs and leg muscles going.
Get your players to perform a series of runs to complete one of these circuits before resting.
- Forward, sprinting around the cones in the sequence, 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Forward to cone 1, backward to cone 2, forward to cone 3, backward to cone 4.
- Forward to cone 1, sidestep to cone 2, forward to cone 3, sidestep to cone 4.
- Forward to cone 1, diagonally to cone 3, forward to cone 2, diagonally to cone 4.
- Forward to cone 1, backwards diagonally cone 3, forward to cone 2 and then backwards diagonally to cone 4.